20246Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Rejuvinating a saunder's mat

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    May 9, 2006
      Nice Idea but it will not work. I have the bales like that made on my farm
      and they are made of hay that is not all the way dry and the bales soften as
      they get older(one year and they are mush). Shooting into one unless it is
      straw is an ify thing...sometime you find your arrow and sometimes not.

      I cannot believe this list does not have someone who has worked at Saunders
      or know someone who has worked at Saunders. I though they were made in
      America from salt grass harvested near the plant.

      James Cunningham
      > Has anyone had any contact with anyone that bales hay in the large "log"
      > rounds. I wonder if it would be possible to fut slices out of one. They
      > should be compacted enough for good shaft stopping. Any thoughts?
      >
      > Domingos

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic