20244Re: Resourse for bows

  • krymsonknight2003
    May 9, 2006
      White woods are not cut and then braced immediately, they are
      roughed out and then floor tillered before they are ever strung.
      Once they are floor tillered they are strung with a long tillering
      string (ie no tension) and slowly drawn taking wood off slowly where
      it needs. slowly you shorten the tillering string and repeat the
      process until the bow is strung at brace height and slowly taken
      down to the draw length.
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "William A. Brown" <bill@...>
      wrote:

      > In you FAQ's I found this statement. Could you please elaborate.
      >

      > It has long been believed that white woods such as Hickory Ash Elm
      Oak and
      > similar woods would shoot in unsatisfactory manner or they would
      become to
      > dry and break. This belief is thanks mostly to people such as
      James Huff and

      Archery@yahoogroups.com] On
      > Behalf Of krymsonknight2003
      > Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 5:14 PM
      > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: Resourse for bows
      >

      > Feel free to drop by my website at http://www.krymsonarcherbows.com
      >
      > I offer several ELB and recurves done upon request
      >
      > John
      >

      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "isabella_ambrogini_poliziana"
      >
      > <isabella_ambrogini_poliziana@> wrote:
      >

      > > Hey all,
      >
      > > What are some good websites for buying dependable and accurate
      >
      > bows? I
      >
      > > would like to look at both English longbow and recurve bows.
      Any