20239Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Rejuvenating a saunder's mat

  • Carl West
    May 9, 2006
      Cian of Storvik wrote:
      > I'm probably going to try cutting the burlap back, removing the grass
      > and restuffing the center, then restitching the burlap onto it.

      I heartily recommend using plastic bags or polyethylene sheeting to
      re-pack with.

      Were I doing it, I'd 'darn' across the hole with strong synthetic cord,
      leaving a grid with about 3/4" openings. Stuff the hags in until it is
      firm. After shooting it for a while, stuff it some more. Forget the
      burlap, it'll just hide when you need to touch it up.

      - Fritz
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic