20131Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Consistent sighting

  • Siegfried
    May 3, 2006
      I use limb marks myself ... nice little ones, on my modern flatlimb longbow.

      I personally (just me) have some issues with rules (when they exist)
      that don't allow them. Since nothing stops a person from using marks
      in the grain of the wood, or other such things.

      I don't use them on my recurve for that reason. I didn't need to.
      Since the big black bolthead was a perfect 40, One glueline was a good
      30, and a scratch that the riser had developed a long while ago was a
      good 20.

      So I didn't use marks. But I was still shooting that way.

      Siegfried
      (Who does gap shooting with his crossbow though)