19928Re: Archery Proposal

  • Egil Haraldsson
    Apr 2, 2006
      Well said and thank you. As I have stated, being new, I am learning
      and one thing I try not to do is jump on the soap box and yell foul.
      Your words of wisdom have made me concider those of my own and I
      pray they were met with the understanding of one under the tutelage
      of those whom have stood the test of time. I hope that as
      discussions move forward on this list, as in any list they will, and
      within our brother/sisterhood of archers, equal energy is enparted
      into the teaching of those skills needed to use any of the variety
      of bow used within the SCA.

      Aim true, shoot well!
      Egil

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried <SiegfriedFaust@...>
      wrote:

      > Well, and that makes the conversation go full circle, as it brings
      up
      > part of the heart of this discussion. There will always be people
      > within a division/classification, that will not like some
      equipment,
      > that someone is using, which they aren't using.
      >
      > Break into crossbows/handbows, and you will have the
      longbow/recurve
      > argument. Break those apart and you will have EnglishLongbow
      people
      > complaining about the modern Longbows, and you will have Period
      Mongol

      ____
      > THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
      > Barony of Highland Foorde - Baronial Archery Marshal
      > Kingdom of Atlantia - Deputy Kingdom Earl Marshal for Target
      Archery
      > http://eliw.com/ - http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/

    • Show all 59 messages in this topic