19280Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: The Dark Side

  • Siegfried
    Dec 22, 2005
      Well, to be precise it was a limb from a white oak tree that fell in my yard
      after an ice storm. I was cutting the limb up into firewood (best use I
      felt given it almost took out my roof!) ...

      And I saw this one piece of limb that had this perfect 'bend' to it ...

      So that piece was saved from the fire, and turned into a crossbow.

      Siegfried

      PS. The following image is a better one of it, though shows me with an
      interesting 'scowl'
      http://www.pbase.com/darter02/image/53281358