19210Re: [SCA-Archery] Need help learning to shoot

  • Robert Lauderdale
    Dec 16, 2005
      At 03:39 AM 12/16/05 +0000, you wrote:
      >I have a bow and will be putting together arrows shortly. I now need
      >some input on learning to shoot. I plan to attend archery practice in
      >the spring and solict help but would also like to know of any books or
      >periodicals that might be useful. I have found a fair number of
      >articles on compound bows, but little in the way of information on long
      >bows. Any help would be appreciated.

      The classic text on archery is "Toxiphilus" by Roger Ascham. "Archery for
      Beginners" is also good, though probably out of print. For a just
      post-period reference, check out "The Art of Archerie", online at
      http://home.att.net/~chidiock/

      Chidiock
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic