18505RE: [SCA-Archery] Split arrows again

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Aug 5, 2005
      I split one once which I had made with a self nock wrapped with silk
      thread. The second arrow stuck in the first arrow. If there had not been
      the wrapping I am sure that one would have split quite a way down. With
      the plastic nocked arrows the hit seem to usually just break the nock and
      ricochet off. I have done plenty of those.

      Nest

      --- Talmon Parker <tt_ann@...> wrote:

      > This lady seems like she could fall in love with a pencil sharpner... I
      > too
      > could stand in a cedar lined closet for long periods,,
      >
      > P/S. I've never split an arrow.. scared one or two, and marked a
      > couple for life though.
      >
      > Talmon
      >

      > DER BARON
      >

      > >From: "elinorstrangewayes" <cnv77@...>
      > >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Split arrows again
      > >Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:04:26 -0000
      > >
      > >I just wanted to give my 1 cent on this. Yes it can be done. Have I
      > >seen arrows slit with others yes, same as all the other said posts
      > >here. It has been done but it would be nice to see the 'videotape' on
      > >it but as in real life that isn't always the case.
      > >
      > >It is cool to see and for the one doing it either a 'dang now i have 4
      > >left of that set... or cooooolll beans don't ya think'. The best part
      > >overall in this is the fact of getting your broken arrow and smelling
      > >the cedar scent. I have been known to stand with one to my nose for
      > >sometime in a trance like state.
      > >
      > >Elinor

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

      > Yahoo! Groups Links