18434Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: The Infernal Machine

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Aug 2, 2005
      Greetings
      Yeah, there's a real nice 16th century crossbow with a massive wooden prod in the Cleveland Museum of Art, mounted with a very well-preserved cranequin. Looks like sinew backing - German manufacture, I think. Charles has, I'm sure, seen it any number of times.

      Nigel

      > Actually the wood prods continued in use until the
      > 16th century... (snip)
      "Do these colors match?"
      "Is this too much jewelry?"
      "Is that my drink?"