17734Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1936

  • Walt
    Apr 25, 2005
      As a recent SoCal transplant to Missouri I can attest that California
      is a different world altogether. BTW Carolus qualified me as a Caidian
      archer about 5 years ago now...

      Loving the Ozark Foothills

      Robert of Aylington aka Robert of Gresewode sometimes known as Walt
      Cornell

      On Monday, April 25, 2005, at 08:11 PM, Frederick Fenters wrote:

      > It never occurred to me that local regulations might cause problems
      > procuring any finishing product. You folks out in California must
      > have lots
      > more hoops to jump through than we do here in Michigan.
      >
      > Padraig
      >
      >> Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:43:21 -0700
      >> From: Carolus von Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...>
      >> Subject: Re: Fletching Jig
      >>
      >> I was surprised to read the detailed description on my last can of
      >> Deft to
      >> find that it IS a clear lacquer. The EPA here in California has
      >> virtually
      >> prohibited lacquers for many years. I have been very satisfied with
      >> it
      > for
      >> many projects though I haven't tried it on arrows or bolts yet.
      >> Carolus
      >>
      > . For clear coats, I am
      >>> using Deft Wood Finish, which is thinned with lacquer thinner, just
      >>> like
      >>> FletchLac.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic