17721Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1936

  • Frederick Fenters
    Apr 25, 2005
      It never occurred to me that local regulations might cause problems
      procuring any finishing product. You folks out in California must have lots
      more hoops to jump through than we do here in Michigan.

      Padraig

      > Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:43:21 -0700
      > From: Carolus von Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...>
      > Subject: Re: Fletching Jig
      >
      > I was surprised to read the detailed description on my last can of Deft to
      > find that it IS a clear lacquer. The EPA here in California has virtually
      > prohibited lacquers for many years. I have been very satisfied with it
      for
      > many projects though I haven't tried it on arrows or bolts yet.
      > Carolus

      . For clear coats, I am
      > >using Deft Wood Finish, which is thinned with lacquer thinner, just like
      > >FletchLac.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic