17026Re: Bow supplier question

  • krymsonknight2003
    Jan 23, 2005
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil
      <archergodwin@c...> wrote:

      > I had similar experiences, early in 2001 my linen backed red-oak
      bow
      > from woodbows.com exploded. The
      > upper limb gave way, and shot a 15" piece of the belly back just
      past my
      > ear.
      >
      > They two replaced it very quickly - with a non-linen backed bow.
      That
      > bow now holds my banner w/device on it.
      >
      > I have now heard of several of these bows breaking after not much
      use.

      > As for drying out in the closet.....what do you think it's going
      to do
      > in a "cool, dry" garage?
      >
      > Their red-oak bows last for a little while. It's too bad because
      Phil
      > and the group are nice enough.
      >
      > Just remember - you get what you pay for.
      >
      > Godwin

      I would like to take a moment to share something with all of you
      that I tell all my customers. Always store your bow in an area that
      is not subject to large fluctuations in temperature. Keep your bow
      away from ANY heat source. Remeber cooler is always better.
      Preferably store your bow laying flat rather than standing it up on
      its end. Keep it in a sloth bag (ie a bow sock) or wrapped in a
      blanket.
      John
      Krymson Archer Bows
      www.krymsonarcherbows.com