16918Re: [SCA-Archery] Eye dominance and archery?

  • Talmon Parker
    Jan 11, 2005
      Greetings once again Olga:
      The length of the long bow is misleading. After all, you are going to hold
      it in the middle of the bow, so that means you will have half of the length
      above your shoulders.So, if it's shorter than 8 feet you shouldn't have any
      problem. And yes they make a long bow that has a shelf on both sides of the
      grip. Baron bows had some for sale. I don't know if they still have them in
      stock or not. I find that they have resonable prices also.
      If the long bow has a shelf, it is not considered a traditional bow, and
      must be shot in the open class. The shelf is to allow you have a place to
      hold your arrow steady on the bow. It also allows you to put some kind of
      padding on the shelf so there is less damage to your fletching. It gives you
      a better line of sight down the arrow, toward the center of the bow.

      Once again I wish you the best of luck, And keep
      shooting

      Baron Talmon

      DER BARON

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic