16917Re: [SCA-Archery] Eye dominance and archery?

  • Olga for now
    Jan 8, 2005
      Greetings Baron Talmon! and Hi!(deep curtsie)(I'm a sap for protocol)
      I'm a little over 5 ft... I don't know yet if that means I'll need a very
      short long bow or if a long bow's not realistic option but I'll look into
      that in the coming season..and thank you for the heads-up! Luckily, I
      started off as a left handed writer before being switched right. My logic
      here is that muscles have memory + I can see better with my left too...so
      looking into left-handed shooting shouldn't be any harder than picking up a
      bow for the first time to shoot right, right? Looking at the recurve I have
      now, there is a good portion of wood cut out (cave) where one nocks the
      arrows. I assume this is for visibility. Holding it with the right and
      drawing with the left however "switches" this visibility somewhat. I'm
      hoping to find a bow where the "gouge/caving" and the arrow rest have been
      placed mirror of normal for left shooters-ie on the right side of the bow
      instead of the left.--do you know what I mean? Have you seen these?

      Warmest Regards,
      Olga

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic