16914Re: [SCA-Archery] Eye dominance and archery?

  • Mark Hendershott
    Jan 9, 2005
      At 06:22 PM 1/9/2005, you wrote:

      >The eye dominance thing can be tricky. Have you tried closing your left
      >eye when you shoot. I have an eye issue too, that has the same effect
      >as you describe and I shoot wonderfully by closing one eye. It may be
      >easier to do this if you are naturally right-handed......I started by
      >wearing a patch, and after awhile I didn't need it and could shoot by
      >just closing one eye.....Try this first before completely relearning to
      >shoot...Hope that this helps.......William Ross of Skye
      >

      >--

      I shoot right handed and find it helpful to close my left eye. Given my
      usual scores I hesitate of say this is a cure for anything in my case but I
      am left eye dominant.

      Simon Sinneghe
      Briaroak, Summits, An Tir
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic