16905Re: [SCA-Archery] Eye dominance and archery?

  • Olga for now
    Jan 7, 2005
      Evyenios,

      I'm also left-eye dominant due to incurable fuzzy blindness in the right
      eye, and I've pondered these questions myself. I haven't played archery for
      years and would like to progress past the novice stage. By trial and error
      you can get quite good (open to interpretation) with the right even if it's
      the wrong eye dominant, but it makes you wonder doesn't it, what others are
      seeing who don't have this issue. I'll get the left handed bow someday and
      just go with it, it's only natural to be able to see your sights.

      Warmest Regards,

      Olga for now
      Barony Blatha an Oir, An Tir

      A stranger said it best,
      "If you were to ask me a simple question, e.g. "how do you feel about X?" it
      is only by a great force of will that I could answer you, "I feel Y towards
      X." If given half a chance, I will tell you, not just how I feel about X,
      but why I feel that way, and how I came to feel that way, and what I think
      about feeling that way towards X." --amaguena
      http://www.sdandi.net/essays/R-accent