16182Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Marshall Wanted!

  • James Koch
    Oct 7, 2004
      Here in Ohio I've had a few close calls with deer. One of our local
      members, Patrick O'Donnell, was nearly killed by a deer two years ago. He
      is a reporter for the Plain Dealer and has written a Tracy Kidder type book
      about the SCA. He had been following a local night favored to win crown
      tournament and was driving up to Kalamazoo for the event. Around midnight
      a deer jumped in the path of his car crumpling his left front fender and
      blowing the tire. The car swerved into a bridge abutment breaking
      Patrick's hip and crushing his skull. He was in a coma for 5 day and awoke
      in Cleveland's Metro General Hospital with brain damage. It was months
      before he recovered and still has trouble with one eye. So the moral of
      the story is, shoot deer.

      Jim Koch (Gladius The Alchemist)