16096Re: [SCA-Archery] Seeking advice/ What to do with RABID bow???

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Sep 9, 2004
      It is what is referred to as a high wrist position. A low wrist position
      has the hand vertical with the bow resting heavily on the fleshy part of
      the hand below the thumb. Many people use this position, especially with
      long bow. The high wrist moves the bow to the web of the thumb removing
      much of the pressure from the hand. It makes the bow "float" in the
      grip, eliminates much tendency to torque it, and lets the arm shift
      slightly out of the path of the string. If you hold your arm out and
      pronate the elbow (the first step I mentioned) you will find your hand
      naturally tends to take a position where the palm is parallel with the
      ground. This is too high. Rotate the little finger back down to a
      comfortable position (45 to 60 degrees down) without changing the elbow
      position and everything should drop into place.

      I have a virtually identical bracer. It was made by Saunders. There are
      others out there, too.
      Carolus

      Get your name as your email address.