16060Re: [SCA-Archery] Event differences/Seeking advice

  • Brad Boda d'Aylward
    Sep 2, 2004
      Random arrow speeds???

      Something few people consider. Are you using 'snap' nocks or 'speed' nocks??

      Snap nocks need pressure to push the back of the arrow onto the string with
      a slight click. Unless these particular type of nocks have been filed to
      grasp the string with the exact same pressure, one arrow will fly freely
      while the next will experience a 'braking' effect as the snap nock hangs on
      to the string a second longer than the others.

      I always suggest speed nocks (there's another name for them) as they will be
      more consistant in the point which they allow the arrow to leave the string.

      Everything else being consistant, this should eliminate some of the arrows
      dropping sooner than others.

      Brad

      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Event differences/Seeking advice

      >Sounds exciting! Unfortunately I think we're stuck with the 20/30/40
      business, and timed shoots make no sense. Oh well!

      >My form and anchor points are just fine, so my difficulty is figuring out
      how far above the target to aim... even with a good anchor point/release I
      get random arrow speeds!! ANY HINTS?

      >Thanks as always for all the great advice!
      >Alestra

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic