15609Re: [SCA-Archery] targetless practice

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Jul 18, 2004
      This is a practice technique used by many of the top competitive archers
      in the country and has been endorsed by many coaches over many years. It
      is excellent for building general form, strength, and consistency. The
      only thing it doesn't teach is aiming but that is easy to get once you
      have good form.
      Carolus

      On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:51:04 -0000 "Jenna" <raabit_98@...>
      writes:
      > hello all,
      > I am pretty new to archery and want to work on my form and hopfully
      > up to a higher # bow. We recently lost our target practice site and
      > was wondering if anyone on this list has tried the targetless
      > practice advice I found where you hang a blanket doubled over a
      > pipe
      > and using blunt ends, practice at a 6 foot range, indoors... I am
      > aware that it doesn't take the place of actual target practice, but
      >
      > I think this will do to help me develop my skills later on, for now.
      >
      > Has anyone tried or heard of this method, suggestions, comments,
      > please share....
      >
      > Jenna

      Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!