15441RE: [SCA-Archery] Arrow selection

  • Walter Davis
    Jun 16, 2004
      Greetings Alisdar,May I suggest that you go to www.stickbow.com and check out the sponsors there. I've had good dealings with Arrows by Kelly and Rogue River Archery is held in very high regards by others. Sticks and Feathers may be worth a look also. You can give any of these people your vital statistics, bow type, bow model, draw weight at 28", etc. and they will be able to select the right shafts for your arrows. You will need to know your draw length. You can clamp a clothespin near the tip of one of your arrows and draw your bow. As you draw the clothes pin will be pushed towards the tip of the arrow. Where it stops when you are at full draw will be a draw length. All of the places I mentioned will make you a nice set of matched arrows. There are other good arrow makers at the Stickbow site as well.Oudoceus--- On Tue 06/15, Nathaniel Prentice < nateprentice@... > wrote:From: Nathaniel Prentice [mailto: nateprentice@...]To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.comDate: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:32:03 -0000Subject: [SCA-Archery] Arrow selectionOK. I've been on training wheels all this time. My arrows were picked out for me thanks to the Easton chart.How do you pick out SCA-legal arrows? I have a 50# recurve and I bet my draw length is greater than 28". I'm interested in finding a place that gives you arrows complete from nock to point.Alisdar---8<---------------------------------------------Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by Medieval MartGet Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/%5bEmail to SCA-Archery-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com to leave this list]Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Archery/<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:SCA-Archery-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com