14228Re: [SCA-Archery] Back quiver VS. Hip quiver- further study

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Jan 28, 2004
      The jury is still out on that. Just as fighters would hang their sword
      belt over their shoulder and saw that eventually evolve into the baldric,
      the tapestry evidence does not definitively show the use of a designed
      back quiver and not a hip quiver on a belt slung over the shoulder
      rather than buckled in its designed position. To date we have no
      conclusive evidence of a quiver designed for use on the back. Keep up
      the research guys and gals, we're way further ahead than we were a few
      years ago.

      In service to the dream
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
      eulenhorst@...

      On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:29:57 -0500 (EST) "Walter Davis" <wdjr@...>
      writes:
      > On page 106 of Robert Hardy's book, Longbow, is a picture of 4
      > Norman archers from the Bayeaux Tapestry. While three of the
      > archers are clearly using hip quivers one appears to be using a back
      > quiver. Check it out!Oudoceus---

      Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!