14213Re: [SCA-Archery] Back quiver VS. Hip quiver- further study

  • John Edgerton
    Jan 27, 2004
      I have reread the information from Melitta Franceschini several times.
      But, other than the statement that " .... he surely had a back quiver."
      There is no information in the description to indicate that it was a
      back quiver. And the information that the strap for the quiver was
      missing would make it hard to determine how it was worn since the method
      of suspension was not known. Also a side pocket would be hard to get to
      on a back quiver. That does not mean it could not have one, just that it
      be arkward to get to with out removing the quiver.

      Jon
      (who uses a back quiver for target and a mid 1400's style bag quiver for
      combat

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic