14058Re: leaking quiver

  • izzy
    Jan 3, 2004
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
      <eastarch@y...> wrote:
      > Ha,ha. Someone sent me a private email recommending that I try
      saddle soap
      > to remove any excess dye, and then a good boot oil. That sounds
      like good
      > advice to me. I think I will try it, assuming I can pry it out of
      his
      > hands to do it.
      >
      > Nest

      Now that i'm oficially a member, my post should show up on the list--

      your post didn't mention that you made the quiver yourself, so i was
      assuming that the dye and finish of the leather were unknown to you.

      Boot oil will soften leather some, but depending on the thickness and
      type of leather, and structure of what you made, (and how much you
      use) it might not soften it noticibly. but the boot oil will help
      gently strip off excess dye.

      izzy
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic