14027Medieval Archery league

  • fayleigh
    Dec 30, 2003
      Hello Everyone,

      I've arranged to host a unique, Tuesday night traditional league
      starting in January. This league will feature shoots and targets
      with a medieval flavor instead of the same old animal targets. If
      you want to maintain your skills during the winter months let me
      know. But contact me soon to reserve a spot, as space is limited.

      The league will start January 13th, at 7:00 p.m. at Arrowhead
      Archery in Taylor, MI. It is located on Vanborn Rd., just West of
      Telegraph, and only a few minutes from I-94's Telegraph exit. I shot
      with some of you on a regular traditional league there a few years
      ago. This will be a handicapped league, so archers of all skill
      levels have a competitive chance. You will be competing weekly to
      earn points for position, but there is a novelty "team" element
      involved as well. Archers will shoot three rounds a night, with the
      lowest score being dropped. Longbows or recurves with no sights will
      be allowed, and you will need 12 feather fletched, wood arrows (you
      will shoot 8 arrows in a round). No mechanical releases. The cost is
      $10.00 / week. There will be a party with awards and trophies at the
      end.

      Above all else, this league is for fun, and the shoots will be
      entertaining for the archers and spectators. If you enjoy novelty
      shoots, then I think you'll like this. Even if you are not
      interested, please spread the word if you know someone who may be,
      and feel free to post this in any other archery/SCA related forums
      you may frequent. Positions will be reserved on a first come, first
      serve basis, but you need to be there the first night to secure your
      position. If you would like to shoot with us or need more
      information, please let me know.

      Thank you,

      Paul Wilburn
      hawken1911@...