13855Re: [SCA-Archery] Newbie info needed (Akron, OH)

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Nov 2, 2003
      First off is where is "around here"? Second, Don't try pulling an old
      wood longbow without oiling and cleaning it first and then gradually warm
      it up with gradual slow pulls to short draws first. Draw to the point
      where you just feel resistance, let down then draw an inch or two
      further, let down, and repeat until you reach your full draw. Do this
      slowly and listen and feel for any cracking or signs of failure. Be sure
      to wear safety goggles rated for racquetball or similar impact sport use
      and a heavy, long sleeved shirt, long pants, and closed toe shoes. An
      exploding bow can really hurt. The best place to check a bow's pull is
      with your local marshal or pro shop.
      Carolus

      On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:13:59 -0000 "Gary" <glawrence@...> writes:
      > Where is a good place to get traditional supplies and practice
      > around
      > here?
      > also how can I determine my bow's pull weight ( unmarked wood
      > longbow
      > found in aunts basement)
      >
      > Gary Lawrence

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!