13328Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Period Crossbow Tips

  • badger5149@aol.com
    Jul 31, 2003
      In a message dated 7/31/2003 11:41:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      cunning@... writes:

      > I was going to glue it and run a
      > >bolt thru the center with a large piece of flat metal over it.
      >
      > Bad Plan... the hole any hole will weaken the prod and it will crack and
      > break even under a piece of metal.
      >
      > James Cunningham

      I used the slot method with leather seemed to work good, I went ahead and
      tillered into the 21/2"mounting area to allow that to work also, feels a lot
      better still has plenty of draw strength, waiting for nocks to dry so i can string
      it up and try it tomorrow. I think this bow will end up kind of a model
      prototype for the next one as everything is experimental. How do most cock the bow?
      I will be using a cocking stick for the time being, till I perfect some kind
      of lever. The string will be sliding across the top of the stock so I am
      making an arrow slot that puts the string level with nock height, Is this normal?
      Badger