13323Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Period Crossbow Tips

  • badger5149@aol.com
    Jul 30, 2003
      In a message dated 7/30/2003 10:32:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      cunning@... writes:

      > 12" of draw at 150lb will shoot like a 70# longbow

      I am not real familiar with the crossbow terms, so I am assuming the prod is
      the bow section of the crossbow. Anyway, I finished the cherry prod today and
      decided to put a protective glass back on it. In my press I can bend the limbs
      back 6" at 230#. I made a little model piece for the sake of calculating the
      draw length and I think this will give me about 12" . Now i have to figure out
      how i am going to mount it to the stock. I was going to glue it and run a
      bolt thru the center with a large piece of flat metal over it. My release is a
      pair of cams on both sides of the arrow that just lifts it off of a notch in the
      wood, I havent tried it under any real pressure yet. Anyway, still at the
      drawing board. made this one 30" long. Badger