12515Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: First Results from Mary Rose war arrow re-creation

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    May 7 7:12 PM
      I have not seen reference to the type of arrow you are referring to in
      use in Europe during our primary time of interest. Generally, arrows
      used in war are one piece as the removable portion was too fragile to
      withstand the rigors of hitting any form of armor.

      Chested arrows taper towards both the tip and the nock, keeping their
      spine and strength while losing weight.

      In service to the dream
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
      eulenhorst@...

      On Wed, 07 May 2003 22:21:30 -0000 "Kinjal of Moravia"
      <gusarimagic@...> writes:
      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Sun Lu-shan" <Lu-shan@f...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > Your comments have prompted a question that I queried before, but
      > perhaps on another site. Does anyone have information on segmented
      >
      > arrows? Amerinds used them, often carrying only 4-5 shafts and many
      >
      > replacable end shafts with various heads. It would seem strange
      > that
      > European or Asian influence did not discover this practical
      > approach, though I did find one reference in which an arrow was
      > taken from a prey and reused. Would 'chested' arrows have some
      > meaning here?
      >
      > Kinjal

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!