12311Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1239

  • Ragnar Ketilsson
    Mar 2, 2003
      Caedmon,

      Actually, the limbs of a compound bow do move, just
      not as far as those of a traditional bow move. The
      cams or offset wheels provide a variable mechanical
      advantage which sharply decreases the draw weight at
      full draw while keeping a relatively high weight on
      the bulk of the draw.

      Ragnar Ketilsson

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/