12076Re: non-traditional revisited

  • hanhebin <hamberg@fiber.net>
    Feb 6, 2003
      > I am underwhelmed by the ability of the high-tech archers that I
      > have seen shoot. They often act resentful that I and my friends hit
      > so well with our "primitive equipment". Occassionally, I've gotten
      > a few converts, but they don't do all that well, and often cannot
      > even draw our bows. They will say that they don't really pay
      > attention to the sights on their bows or the clickers, or they
      > don't need the stabilizer, but once they try one of our bows and
      > hit the floor more than they hit the butt, they realise that they
      > have depended on their gadgets more than they thought. It's the
      > only time I've ever really seen "target panic".

      If you are underwhelmed then let's say we shoot a few 300 rounds and
      make the game interesting. Say $10 a point as my lady would love
      another trip to New York. Let me warn you however that with my
      Olympic recurve you aren't going to beat me with a score in the 260s.

      I admit that I am not as good with traditional equipment as I should
      be. A couple of weeks ago when it was warm enough to shoot my
      longbow I tried shooting a period Royal Round and FINALLY managed to
      shoot a "100" (usually I'm in the 80s). Not bad on SCA standards but
      definitely not great.

      Michael
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic