12065Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: non-traditional revisited

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Feb 5, 2003
      > mean I can't shoot a longbow or crossbow. Not being disrespectful
      > here but when you consider my arrows cost between $30 and $60 an
      > arrow, how many SCA archers do you think I would be willing to trust
      > my equipment to?

      You may want to look into those costs. These days a dozen X10s only costs
      $340. After adding in the points, pin nocks and fletchings, you really
      should only be paying around $40-45 per arrow. If you are paying another
      $20 per arrow to have them assembled you should look for another fletcher.

      The argument about mundane vs traditional has been beaten to death
      repeatedly. Most people agree that there are nice and not so nice people
      in both categories. There are plenty of mundane archers that think we are
      nuts, and there are plenty of SCA archers that think they are. Michael,
      you have been very lucky in the mundane world, and not so lucky in the SCA
      world. Don't assume everyone has had the same experiences.

      Nest

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic