10983Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Hand shock

  • Eadric Anstapa
    Nov 7, 2002
      From: "hanhebin" <hamberg@...>

      > The further out the better because I have noticed that with a fully
      > loaded Olympic recurve that even the slightest error is greatly
      > magnified.

      I have always enjoyed that the great Howard Hill was noted as saying on
      several occasions that he was not good enough to shoot a recurve. When
      asked to explain the statement he would reply that recurves were simply too
      unforgiving for his taste and in his experience they amplified the smallest
      of mistakes. Therefore Howard Hill stayed with his longbows.

      Regards,

      Lord Eadric Anstapa
      Kingdom Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
      eadric@...