10980Re: Hand shock

  • hanhebin
    Nov 7, 2002
      > In this I concur, shooting too fast can be deleterious to accuracy.
      > I make a conscious effort in untimed competitions (regardless of
      > venue) to slow down and take my time. Were it not for the short
      > distances of SCA competitions I would have a difficult time with
      > the speed ends.

      NOT BEING CRITICAL OF THOSE THAT SHOOT OUTSTANDING SPEED ROUNDS

      I've always wanted to see how archers that shoot good at the point
      blank distances we shoot in the SCA would do versus longer
      distances. Say maybe 100 yards on a 122 cm face. I've heard of many
      40+ 20 yard speed round scores but wonder how that would translate
      versus an archer that got just 3 or 4 good shots off considering a
      longer distance.

      In mundane shooting a shot that hits blue for me at 18 meters on a 40
      cm target will MISS at 90 meters on a 122 cm target. I've seen a
      minor string plucks shooting indoor FITAs still strike gold but
      completely miss while shooting the longer FITA distances outdoors.
      Just curious what anybody knows about the numbers of speed round
      scores versus static scores shooting at longer distances like a York
      Round.

      Michael
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic