10978Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Hand shock

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Nov 6, 2002
      In this I concur, shooting too fast can be deleterious to accuracy. I
      make a conscious effort in untimed competitions (regardless of venue) to
      slow down and take my time. Were it not for the short distances of SCA
      competitions I would have a difficult time with the speed ends.

      In service to the dream
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
      eulenhorst@...

      On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 03:02:29 -0000 "hanhebin" <hamberg@...> writes:
      > > I have found that once I get tin the habit of following through,
      > my
      > > speed rounds improve as I no longer wait for the shot to hit and
      > my
      > > form is constant (just faster).
      >
      > While it helps speed rounds it sure makes things difficult to go
      > back
      > to shooting 3 arrows in 2 minutes. I have to intentionally avoid
      > speed rounds before mundane competition because firing too rapidly
      > takes at least 10 to 20 points off my score.
      >
      > Michael

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic