10946Yumi and such

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
    Nov 1 8:25 AM
      Greetings to all of the list from Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie,
      I have heard that there was a fighting discipline where spear-tips
      were fitted over the heads of yumi to facilitate close combat for
      those who used bows. Do any of you have pictorial refs for such...Are
      their descriptions, or refs telling of how and when these might have
      been used in period, or is it a post period thing? It sounds Sengoku
      Jidai, but I don't know?
      I found a web site depicting such, but I cannot account for the
      validity of the research, as it looks cheezy, and the photos are
      definitely post period.
      Anyone with more understanding would be welcome to enlighten us...
      Ever curious about yumi, and their uses...
      Date Yukiie

      Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
      Shi-wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic