Not really...?

  • Jon Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011

      Sharon,

      Please let our progressive community know where Representative Capps stands on the implications of this story. The beginning of the wars in Afghanistan ten years ago, and Iraq two years later, suddenly seems like yesterday. I have no doubt today's Military-Industrial Complex is itching for a new and more profitable conflict and it's going to be up to Congress to keep us out of what could literally turn into Armageddon.

      Please assure us that Ms. Capps will stand staunchly against any attack on another nation that isn't provoked by an actual attack on the U.S. or one of its allies.

      Best,

      Jon

      UK military steps up plans for Iran attack amid fresh nuclear fears

      British officials consider contingency options to back up a possible US action as fears mount over Tehran's capability

        Two technicians in protective wear, alongside a box containig uranium ore concentrate, in Iran
        Iranian nuclear technicians in protective wear. Photograph: Mehdi Ghasemi/AP

        Britain's armed forces are stepping up their contingency planning for potential military action against Iran amid mounting concern about Tehran's nuclear enrichment programme, the Guardian has learned.

        The Ministry of Defence believes the US may decide to fast-forward plans for targeted missile strikes at some key Iranian facilities. British officials say that if Washington presses ahead it will seek, and receive, UK military help for any mission, despite some deep reservations within the coalition government.

        http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/02/uk-military-iran-attack-nuclear

        --
        Jon K. Williams
        (805) 451-7608
        Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2011

          I second that comment. You, as usual, are right in your thinking. Let’s have Ms Capps understand it, too. Since when did we become the most war mongering of nations? I don’t think many of our citizens approve of that approach.

          Janet B

          Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2011
            Get Out The Vote!

            Election Day is almost here and we need your help to Get Out The Vote for our Progressive Democrats of Santa Barbara endorsed candidates: Iya Falcone, Cathy Murillo & Deborah Schwartz!!!!

            We will be phoning and walking to talk to voters!

            TODAY, SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
            10am-8pm
            Walking and phoning
            All activities will be held at 10 E. Figueroa, in Peikert Group Architects

            MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH
            10am-9pm
            Walking and phoning
            All activities will be held at 10 E. Figueroa, in Peikert Group Architects

            TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH
            5:30am - Morning Literature drop
            9am-8pm - Phone Bank
            5pm-8pm - Knock and Drag
            All activities will be held at 10 E. Figueroa, in Peikert Group Architects

            For more information on how to get involved or to sign-up for Election Day GOTV activities, contact Darcel Elliott at 805-452-1214 or email sbdems@...

            Santa Barbara County Democratic Central Committee
            PO Box 22435
            Santa Barbara, CA 93121
            United States
            * 805-965-8030 * sbdems@...
            Santa Barbara County Democratic Central Committee, PO Box 22435, Santa Barbara, CA 93121 :: 805-965-8030 :: FAX 805-617-1734 :: sbdems@... :: SBDCC PAC FED# C00427856 :: SB County Democratic Central Committee FPPC # 742091