Re: [SBProgCoalition] Clarification!! Please note

  • Lane Anderson
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
      As the first posting stated:

      De La Guerra Plaza at 1230 Monday...I will be there!
      Lets see what we can add to make it more mainstream?
      Maybe hard hats, pocket protectors, VFP shirts, flags etc?
      Probably they want to have a repeat on Sunday, oct 9th, that is how i read it.  I think the language may be twitter?
      Best wishes,  Lane

      From: Peter and Paulina Conn <pconnt43@...>
      Subject: Re: [SBProgCoalition] Pass it on!!
      To: "Lane Anderson" <andersonlane47@...>
      Date: Friday, September 30, 2011, 3:11 PM

      Hi Lane,

      You may want to send this out again with date and time corrections. October 9 is a Sunday, October 10 is a Monday.

      Also it should be "Whose Streets", not Who's Streets.

      Best wishes.
      Peter

      On Sep 30, 2011, at 1:17 PM, Lane Anderson wrote:

      De La Guerra Plaza at 1230 Monday...I will be there!
      Lets see what we can add to make it more mainstream?
      Maybe hard hats, pocket protectors, VFP shirts, flags etc?

      Best wishes,  Lane

      OCCUPY WALLSTREET SOLIDARITY PROTEST SANTA BARBARA
      You Might Attend · Share · Public Event
      Time
      Monday at 12:30pm - October 9 at 12:30am
      Location
      De La Guerra Plaza
      WHO'S STREETS? OUR STREETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Created By
      Gabe Noneya, John Frum, Keyser SozeShow all (11)
      More Info
      Corporations have gained the human rights lost by citizens in post-9/11 America. 1% of Americans possess 42% of America’s money, giving a few people political power.If we break the data down further we will find that 93% of all financial wealth is controlled by the top 10%of the country.We would need to go back to the Great Depression to see such lopsided data. On the date above we will march in solidarity with our comrades on Wall Street, San Francisco, Los Angeles and all oppressed people around the world who's voices are drowned out by the shrill voice of corporate interest.

      The idea is simply to convey unity and give purpose to our desires for a better country in which we have no voice, no power, or otherwise. The point of Occupy Wall Street is to establish a continuous presence of dissent in the heart of a center of power we accuse of violating basic human rights, and we will stand with them and take to the streets to educate, raise awareness , and show that we will not be silent in the face of a fascist government, and a bought and paid for media.

      DISCLAIMER: WE ALSO, AS ORGANIZERS AND NET-WORKERS, ARE COMMITTED TO NON VIOLENCE AND A LAWFUL GATHERING IN SOLIDARITY WITH OUR FRIENDS AND COMRADES ACROSS THE COUNTRY. IN NO WAY DO WE INTEND TO PROVOKE, INCITE, OR MANIPULATE ANYONE INTO BREAKING ANY LAWS. =)
      FOREVER IN LOVE,
      -THE PEOPLE

      "The reasonable (hu)man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him... The unreasonable (hu)man adapts surrounding conditions.... All progress depends on the unreasonable (hu)man." George Bernard Shaw

      Follow the Journies: http://www.independent.com/weblogs/slow-lane-anderson/  http://www.vfpsb.org/category/lanesblog/  http://www.noozhawk.com/politics/article/100709_santa_barbara_council_qa_lane_anderson/  www.parfund.com

      http://www.noozhawk.com/opinions/article/120509_lane_anderson_a_sailboat_bums_trip_to_santa_cruz_island
      “Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.” Historian Howard Zinn  http://www.independent.com/news/2010/jun/25/come-back-jimmy-carter/
      http://www.independent.com/news/2011/jan/06/out-pocket/
      http://www.noozhawk.com/briefs/article/122210_letter_to_the_editor_christians_and_activism/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/13174975@N04/

      "Activism is my rent for living on the planet." Alice Walker

    • Bob Banner
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
        On 10/1/11 9:09 AM, Lane Anderson wrote:
        As the first posting stated:

        De La Guerra Plaza at 12:30 Monday...I will be there!
        Lets see what we can add to make it more mainstream?

        Five Ways Occupy Wall Street Has Succeeded.... :
        http://www.truth-out.org/five-ways-occupy-wall-street-has-succeeded/1317476360

        --

        _______________________________________

        Bob Banner

        Publisher & Director

        HopeDance Online & FiLMs

        Celebrating Transition, Opportunity, Laughter, Resilience, and Happiness

        SLO, Ojai, Buellton, Santa Maria, Ventura, Lompoc, Santa Barbara, CA • 805-762-4848

        http://www.hopedance.org

        HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance

        Follow us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/yje5kct

        Follow us at TWITTER: http://twitter.com/hopedance