SB CAN Movie Night "Norma Rae" - Thursday, June 9

  • Jon Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      "You'll like it, you'll really, really like it!"

      NORMA RAE
      A young single mother and textile worker agrees to help unionize her mill despite the problems and dangers involved.
      Directed by Martin Ritt, starring Sally Field, Beau Bridges and Ron Liebman.

      That's right, it's the 1979 Oscar-winning film that helped Sally Field find her own self worth. We'll enjoy watching it and then having a short discussion on the subject of public employee unions. Local reps and union members will be on hand.

      Where: MTD Meeting Room, 550 Olive Street, Santa Barbara
      When: Thursday, June 9 at 6:30pm
      Admission free – light refreshments provided

      In May we premiered this monthly movie night with Academy Award winner Art Carney in the touchingly delightful "Harry and Tonto," directed by Paul Mazursky. Good filmmaking definitely holds up. Please try to join us!

      Best,

      Jon
      --
      Jon Williams