Nationwide anti-nuclear petition

  • Peter Cohen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Dear Peace Friends,
      It is important that this petition, which is very brief and general, get as many signatures as possible. They have not made it easy, but I hope that you will go to the link and create your own petition and get the signatures and addresses(at least among family and fiends).  We hope that there are people at the University and community college who will get on this too.
      I am well aware that the nuclear issue is not on the front page, but by supporting Obama in this area NOW, we may be able to soften up the opposition and get some movement in the coming months..
      Please note the deadline and do what you can. Thanks so much, Peter G Cohen

      February 27, 2009, Nuclear Weapons Free World, from  Newsletter

      March 6th: Be Free Petition Deadline

      The Campaign for a Nuclear Weapons Free World and the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation are planning on a March 10th petition delivery to the Obama administration, with outreach to the press around the delivery. We want to show how many Americans overwhelmingly support steps towards a nuclear free world, so please send an alert to your lists asking them to sign the Be Free petition. You can use this link: www.nuclearweaponsfree.org. We need all the signatures in by the end of the day on March 6th. To receive instructions on how to turn in your petitions, please email me, Cara Bautista, at cbautista@... and include an estimate of how many you have!