Getting Constructive on the Bailout

  • Lane Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Voting no is not enough....we have to contribute some constructive advice....here is my contribution:

      Re:  An appt to speak with the Congresswoman...who is an associate member of Veterans For Peace

      To:
      "Lane, Cara" <Cara.Lane@...>
      Yes, that's fine....see ya then!  If you are able to do so,  alert Congresswoman Capps to yesterday's editorial by Joseph Stiglitz in USA Today http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2008/09/a-chance-to-imp.html
      Congress is NOT getting an unbiased perspective from Paulson, he helped to create the mess when he was CEO of Goldman-Sacks and he still has interests with them.  Whether considered sincere or not he should be removed from the debate as having a conflict of interest.
      Joseph Stiglitz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stiglitz and William Greider are the best independent experts on this.   Greider literally wrote the books on globalization,  corporate influence on political decision making and the federal reserve
      (see most recent articles).
      For the record,  I am opposed to the bailout or rescue package as they have been written and revised!

      Lane Anderson

      "Those who make peaceful evolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable." -- John F. Kennedy
      Volunteer for progress in America: http://www.cis-elsalvador.org/election_observers.htm
      Park or sell your car: http://www.santabarbaracarfree.org/ http://www.trafficsolutions.info/default.htm
      Think globally: http://www.orionmagazine.org/index.php/articles/article/2962 http://greatchange.org/othervoices.html http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/007941.html http://www.yesmagazine.org/ http://www.pcdf.org/ http://www.ifad.org/media/video/food/ http://growthmadness.org/2007/10/31/six-steps-to-getting-the-global-ecological-crisis/
      Act locally: http://www.mesaexchange.org/ http://www.plansbsolutions.com http://www.bicicentro.org/ http://commuterbicycles.com/ http://www.sbinfoshop.org/
      The Case For Impeachment: http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07132007/profile.html
      Insist on prosecution: http://us.oneworld.net/article/view/138319/1/4536
      Soul of Capitalism: http://www.thenation.com/doc/20030929/greider
      "Activism is my rent for living on the planet." Alice Walker