Congressional subcommittee meeting at UCSB on Saturday

  • Jon Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007

      Anyone wishing to share their sentiments on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan , or the threatened attack on Iran (or our health care implosion, proxy war in Somalia , missile shield in Poland , etc.) can do so for quite a few members of Congress by staking out the entrance to UCSB on Saturday morning, November 3.

      A meeting of the House Natural Resources Committee’s Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife and Oceans will be convening at 10am at UCSB’s Kohn Hall and I’d assume they’ll be arriving via the main entrance near Goleta Beach shortly beforehand. Rep. Lois Capps is a member of the subcommittee and hosting the gathering. Kohn Hall is the modernistic new building with a round tower just short distance down the road on the right from the main entrance. Please spread the word.

      Anyone who’s so disposed could then beat feet to Santa Barbara Democratic Headquarters, 402 E. Gutierrez St . (across from Home Improvement) for 10am coffee and donuts with the City Council incumbents up for reelection. Precinct walking will follow.

      Also want to get in a quick plug for our November Progressive Democrats meeting on Tuesday November 20th at 7pm, also at Dem Headquarters. We’ll be having a group discussion with a panel of local activists on the subject “How progressive can we expect our elected Democrats to be?” We’ll have snacks and beverages so come join us.

      Jon K. Williams

      (805) 451-7608