the final No On Recall push (fwd)

  • Dan Ancona
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      THIS IS NOT A CIRCUS
      It's a right wing power grab that we are all going to have to live with
      the consequences of if they pull it off.

      THE POLLS ARE HOOEY
      The latest LA Times etc. polls have all been massively skewed towards
      Republicans - they're the only ones at home to pick up the phone since the
      rest of us are out working our tails off to beat this thing! Seriously,
      you aren't hearing this from me but internal hush hush Dem polling is
      showing both the recall and Cruz vs. "Peaches" Schwarzenegger to be
      insanely close. This could easily be the squeaker to end all squeakers.

      TURNOUT IS GOING TO BE CRITICAL
      And this is something we CAN have an impact on.

      DEMOCRACY HANGS BY A THREAD
      We have the power to reject this abuse of the system. We can make a
      difference. There's no electoral college in this one, where the good guys
      win by a landslide here and all the action is somewhere else. Every vote
      in every neighborhood on every block in every canyon and every holler and
      on every hill in Santa Barbara matters this time. Hugely.

      Our primary strategy is going to be to blanket the city with doorhangers.
      Tons of people are coming together to make this happen and we need your
      help! The full details are included below, but here's a summary...

      SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
      9am-2pm 415 Chapala - label doorhangers or pick 'em up to deliver out to
      our city's beautiful neighborhoods.

      SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
      same time, same location, same fun

      MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY
      5-7pm, also at 415 Chapala, more precinct walking pick-up

      TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY - DAAAWWWWWNNNNN PAAAATRRROLLLLL
      4 AM (yes!) to 6:30am
      Get up at the crack of stupid and come help with the final delivery, we're
      going to cover the town before the voters even wake up.

      CONTACT
      me: 455.3003, this email address, or short text message beepda@...

      If you've never walked a precinct, don't panic - we give you a script and
      we've cut a lot of these up into bite-sized pieces so you don't even have
      to do a whole one if you're going to be knocking on doors. We'll also
      have others where you can just hang them and go. Bring a friend if you
      can, and all volunteers will be invited to the election night thank-you
      party. Details will be available when you come by to help.

      Thanks everyone! Forward this everywhere!

      Dan
      455.3003