earth plaster workshops in ABQ

  • Jen A
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi All,
      We just spent a weekend with Tom and Satomi Lander learning earthen
      plastering and we are ready to make a big push on plastering our house!
      We are holding a series of workshops in Albuquerque this month. The
      info follows.

      Thanks!
      Jenny

      *********************************

      *~~~**ANNOUNCING A HANDS-ON WORKSHOP ON~~~ *

      * *

      *
      *

      *Earth Plastering for Straw Bale and Natural Homes ***

      *topics include demonstrating two or three coat processes for STRAW BALE
      walls, preparing different types of plaster, preparing and applying
      Clay paint and adhesion coats, finishing and polishing plaster, building
      arches and decorative details with scrap wood, building straw-clay
      walls, sculpting with cob, AND MORE do it yourself techniques!*

      * *

      · *

      Join Jenny and Chris Altenbach in **Albuquerque**, **NM** for one or
      more workshops. Workshops will be held April 10^th , 23^rd , 24^th ,
      and 30^th starting at **9am**. *

      · *Each workshop will be $20 per person or $30 per couple which
      includes lunch. Reservations are required one week before the date of
      the workshop (except the April 10 workhop--please reserve by Thursday,
      April 7). *

      · *Workshops will be limited to 16 people. *

      · *Workshops on the 23 and 24 will be one fee and camping is
      available.*

      * *

      Children are welcome to join us, but we ask that you please bring a
      responsible caregiver (at no extra charge) for any children who are too
      young to participate.

      *No dogs*, please.

      For reservations and more information, * e-mail salten@...
      <mailto:salten@...>*