Cobs for heat

  • sarah kopp
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
      Oh now I get it. Duh. Can I burn the corn cobs in a regular wood stove? I live near a cannery that processes a lot of corn, and it struck me it might be easier to drive over there and load up some cobs and dry them at home than to cruise around looking for fallen wood. And what about cast-off treated lumber, sure you don't barbecue over it, but is it more harmful to burn it in the heating stove than to let it go to the dump?

      Sarah
      Tsfat, Israel

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        Sarah,

        If the "treated lumber" is the green-hued stuff, avoid it like the
        plague! It generally contains some *really* nasty chemistry you do
        *not* want in your air.

        And Greg--burning corn *cobs* is not wasteful of food, unless you're
        a hog.

        David