Re:Digest Number 217 flat roof

  • Kathryn Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi Folks:

      This is where the idea of a listserve is so fantastic. The living room
      (built on) of my moble home was built with a nearly flat roof and have been
      fighting the leaks for years and I had no idea of how to go with the garage
      roof to make it a usable area.

      When I was thinking of Santa Fe style I was thinking more of the space usage
      inside the house. I was concerned with the flat roof but wanted someplace
      safe to work and not fall off the edge at 3:00 AM in the pitch dark. You
      don't use lights in an observatory.

      The deck idea has given me a solution that will probably work well. I can
      even pitch the roof to match the rest and collect my water as well. I am in
      a great well coop with a great well but always feel a little guilty about
      all my plantings (Gulp confession.. I am a Consulting Rosarian for the
      American Rose Society and have several hundred roses) and decided to water
      harvest when I decided to build my house there.

      Kacie