Strawbale Hobbit Sauna - 2 week workshop July 13 - 26, 2013

  • deanne.bednar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26 8:51 AM
      Appropriate for beginner & experienced alike, this course will give skills that can be applied to any new or existing home or structure !

      Learn the basic techniques of natural building as we construct
      a cabin-sized sauna building. We will integrate a stone foundation,
      straw bale walls, cob wall with a door arch, round pole & dimensional framing, window & door framing, a living roof and earth plaster basics.
      Camping on the land, outdoor showers, vegetarian food.
      Location: Held on beautiful rural wooded land 1 hour north of Detroit, Michigan
      Instructor: Deanne Bednar, illustrator of the Hand-Sculpted House Book.
      Fee: $880 full price or $400 Work Trader* price (assist an extra 5 days and during the workshop)

      Registration or information: strawbalestudio.org ecoartdb@... 248 628 1887
    • deanne.bednar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26 9:05 AM
        <https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YSOxeKiERsgshYeM111AJ9MTjNZETYmyP\
        Jy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite> From 2013 Blog
        <https://picasaweb.google.com/ecoartdb/2013Blog?authuser=0&feat=embedweb\
        site> From 2013 Blo
        <https://picasaweb.google.com/ecoartdb/2013Blog?authuser=0&feat=embedweb\
        site> g