Re: [SB-r-us] Re: linseed oil and clay paint

  • Nancy or David Gray
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
      Now that is a novel idea.  Hemp oil, hmmm.
      I was about to say linseed oil comes raw, 'boiled', and in small amounts with siccatives/driers.
      You would use the boiled, but you would also have to live with a pretty strong odor for a while.  Most oil paint is mostly linseed oil, so you shouldn't have any trouble painting over, though it might require a primer.
      I don't know what hemp oil smells like.  Or do I?  David G.