Re: linseed oil and clay paint

  • Deanne Bednar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
      Hemp oil over earth plaster looks a lot like the original wet plaster. It
      doesn't darken very much, like linseed oil. I would try one coat - in a
      test area.

      --
      Deanne Bednar

      248 628 1887
      ecoartdb@...
      www.strawbalestudio.org <http://www.strawbale.pbworks.com>
      Detroit Green Map <http://www.opengreenmap.org/greenmap/detroit-metro>
      <http://www.opengreenmap.org/greenmap/detroit-metro>*
      The Strawbale Studio & Sustainable Living Program
      seeks to joyfully weave people & nature
      into a regenerative whole. .
      ** **re-localize, re-skill, re-connect *!
      *
      "Reverence for the mystery of being, gratitude for the gift of life, and
      humility for our human place in nature and the whole." Earth Charter
      *

    • Nancy or David Gray
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
        Now that is a novel idea.  Hemp oil, hmmm.
        I was about to say linseed oil comes raw, 'boiled', and in small amounts with siccatives/driers.
        You would use the boiled, but you would also have to live with a pretty strong odor for a while.  Most oil paint is mostly linseed oil, so you shouldn't have any trouble painting over, though it might require a primer.
        I don't know what hemp oil smells like.  Or do I?  David G.