Re: [SB-r-us] Re: Hi all! New guy here! 'Need straw bale info please.

  • michael hollihn
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 19, 2013
      sounds like you're ready to take the next step shane
      do you have a design on paper?
      can you share any visual design with the group?
      since this is an outbuilding and not a home you can take a few liberties
      and make a few more mistakes
      as long as they are minor ones all the better
      the structure is up to you to build it to or beyond code
      where the bales meet the earth and the structure is where design on paper
      helps achieve success here
      this will also give you your next round of questions if any
      as long as your "hat" and "shoes" are done keeping moisture in mind
      you can leave the bales unrenderred for many moons before you undertake
      those lessons
      regarding insects, this might change the above sentence, sounds like there
      was a book mentioned that could help you

      michael hollihn
      british columbia
      www.pranatimberframes.com
      www.michaelhollihn.wordpress.com
      building food and shelter security in the Kettle River watershed
      "Activism is the rent i pay for living on this planet" AWalker
      'Be the change that you want to see' ghandi
      breath is bridge between mind body spirit
      insert silence into the daily run of mind
      meditate on words of loving kindness
      existence precedes essence
      you are not your thoughts
      you are all relations